DESTINY 2 Clan functions are going live on PS4 and Xbox One, here’s how to use the new feature to join and invite other players.
Clans are communities that can be accessed in-game and on Bungie.net that are created and managed by players.
Clans provide features that allow the community of players within the Clan to play and progress together, communicate, manage, and build their community.
Options on creating a Clan have been set out, although as mentioned above, rosters are yet to be active.
Those interested in forming a new Clan can use the Destiny Companion, which will designate them as the Clan Founder, useful tool moving forward.
- Destiny 2 w/ Salute Emote (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) (PS4)
- Players can join or request to join Clans in Destiny 2 or from the Destiny Companion on Bungie.net and in the Mobile App..
- Players can browse existing Clans or search for a specific Clan from the Clans page in the Destiny Companion on Bungie.net or the Mobile App
- Players can use the “Join Clan” button to request to join a Clan from the profile of the desired Clan in Destiny 2 or the Destiny Companion
- Players can only belong to one Clan on a Destiny account
- Players must have linked a platform account to their Bungie.net profile to be eligible to request to join a Clan or to receive Clan invites through the Destiny Companion
- Players can accept pending Clan invitations from the Clan menu in Destiny 2 or from the Clans page in the Destiny Companion on Bungie.net or the Mobile App
- Players that have Destiny accounts on more than one platform can have each account be in the same Clan or in different Clans
- At the moment, those who have already formed a Clan can now start unlocking rewards by working toward certain goals and XP.
- Ensure your Clan has 2 or more members enrolled.
- If you’re actively playing, please sign out of Destiny 2 and sign back in.
- Ensure you have your in-game Clan Banner within Character Inventory. If you haven’t retrieved your Clan Banner, please visit Hawthorne.
Here’s more information from Bungie on how to use the Clan Progression system to unlock new rewards:
- Clan Members completing activities in Destiny 2 will contribute to their Clan XP up to a weekly maximum that resets with the Weekly Reset
- Clans must have at least 2 members to begin earning Clan XP
- Players that are members of a Clan will have access to the “Clan XP” Milestone which is a weekly Milestone that allows them to earn additional rewards
- Clan Levels and Clan Perks reset with the Seasonal Reset
- Players can track their weekly personal contribution to the Clan XP from the Clan Profile in-game in Destiny 2 and the Destiny Companion (Mobile App Only)
- Players can track the weekly Clan XP progress from the Clan Profile in Destiny 2 and the Destiny Companion (On Bungie.net Only)
- Clan Members can view the available and unlocked Clan Perks from the Clan Banner item in their Character Inventory in Destiny 2.
- Clan Perks are unlocked as the Clan gains Clan XP and reaches certain Clan Levels
- Clan Perks and Clan Levels reset with the Seasonal Reset
- Players that have joined a Clan can retrieve a Clan Banner item from Hawthorne on each Character after unlocking the Farm Social Space in the Campaign
- Clan Members must have a Clan Banner item on their Character to receive the benefits of the unlocked Clan Perks
- Leaving a Clan or joining a different Clan will impact which unlocked Clan Perks a player has access to on their Characters