Studio MDHR’s new Cuphead update is available to download on Xbox One and Xbox One X, removing some well-known exploits from the game.
This also includes getting rid of some of those lingering glitches, as well as quashing bugs, fixing exploits, and even doing a little bit of gameplay balance tuning.
That’s according to the patch notes, which confirm everything that has been changed in the popular title.
One of the biggest exploits removed includes players no longer being able to build a Million Mugman Army.
This meant players manipulating co-op add in/drop out options to make it possible to add in Mugman, which could prove crucial for an easier boss fight.
The Charge Shot has also been nerfed, although this has been countered by the Charge weapon charge now maintaining during parry.
The full Cuphead update patch notes for Xbox One and Xbox One X can be found below:
- Fixed various freezes caused by controller disconnection/reconnection
- Fixed infinite controller rumble bug
- Fixed various freezes and soft-locks and crashes
- Improvements to saving and loading
- No longer possible to create a Mugman army.
- Fixed rapid-weapon-swap damage glitch
- Slight charge weapon damage reduction
- Charge weapon charge is now maintained during parry
- It is now possible to unequip secondary weapon, Super, and Charm from equipment menu (Press “Y” to unequip)
- Mr. Chimes no longer gets stuck or goes off-screen
- King Dice’s Start Over square will now only trigger once per attempt
- Player 2 now appears in the King Dice board after being revived at the end of a mini-boss level
- Dice Palace score now properly resets when retrying the level
- Fixed improper hit boxes on the Devil’s snake attack
- Fixed Devil’s goat attack so it hits ducking players