Soulja Boy has been heavily criticised after posting a string of tweets using homophobic language, following the release of his new game consoles. The 28-year-old rapper, primarily known for smash hit single Crank That (Soulja Boy), recently made his first steps into the gaming business – releasing three consoles in a SouljaGame Handheld, the Retro SouljaBoy Mini and SouljaGame FUZE. The consoles, however, have attracted speculation over whether they could face legal action due to their resemblance to the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Game Boy.
The release of the Retro SouljaBoy Mini has particularly garnered comparisons to Nintendo’s gaming devices, which Soulja Boy addressed in a string of scathing tweets hitting back at the claims. In the since deleted tweets, Soulja Boy wrote: ‘I’m not scared of Nintendo or none of u f***ot nerds making YouTube videos eat a dick and thanks for the free promo.
In another tweet, Soulja wrote: ‘If Nintendo was gon do something they would have the first day. My console not going anywhere everything I’m doing is 100% legit stay mad and I’ll keep getting richer. ‘Nintendo ain’t gon do SHIT.’
Soulja Boy deleting these tweets! Watch ‘im delete ’em, watch him go! pic.twitter.com/ETHQzfhOZb
— ™ (@usernameez2ken) December 22, 2018
Directly responding to someone criticising his consoles, Soulja said: ‘You’re not funny bitch. F***ott ass nerd.’ After deleting the tweets, Soulja has since posted acting like nothing had happened, writing: ‘You can either let the pain motivate you or destroy you.
‘There’s not a soul on earth that can stop any blessing that God has meant for you.’ The Retro SouljaBoy Mini costs $99.99 (£79) and comes with an 8GB card and 508 preloaded games. It is manufactured by Anbernic like his previous machines.
The consoles themselves are essentially emulators which play games available on other platforms, reportedly including Nintendo titles – a company who are notoriously scrupulous when it comes to protecting its properties. A report from MTONews recently claimed Soulja Boy had been contacted by Nintendo and threatened with legal action over the consoles. No games companies have yet filed a lawsuit against Soulja Boy. The rapper isn’t stopping at making games consoles either, having recently expressed interest in creating his own esports teams for Fortnite, Call Of Duty and Overwatch. Speaking to TMZ Sports, he said: ‘We’re gonna be finding talent [and] hiring talent. But one thing at a time.