Information of the service first leaked onto Reddit, however Microsoft has now confirmed self-service refund system is being added for all Xbox One and Home windows 10 video games.
It’s at the moment in alpha on the Xbox Insider Program, so it’s not out there to odd customers till they iron out the bugs. However the way in which issues work in the meanwhile is that you may get a full refund inside 14 days in case you’ve performed the sport for lower than two hours.
Should you meet that standards then you may get the refund robotically, by filling out a kind, and don’t must telephone anybody or cope with buyer companies.
It appears clearly impressed by Steam’s comparable system, with the one notable small print being it doesn’t apply to DLC and season passes – in addition to ‘sure Home windows 10 apps’.
Microsoft additionally reserve the fitting to disclaim a refund in the event that they assume you’re attempting to abuse the system. So no shopping for every little thing to make use of as a two hour demo, after which refunding it.
The phrases are under, though they could change barely when it goes public:
To request a self-service refund:
- Navigate to account.microsoft.com and sign-in.
- From the highest menu bar, choose Fee & billing > Order historical past.
- Navigate to a bought sport or app, and choose Request a refund.
Please be aware the under circumstances for requesting a self-service refund:
- Video games and apps are eligible for self-service refunds inside 14 days of buy when you’ve got lower than 2 hours of play time throughout all accounts.
- DLC, season passes, and add-ons usually are not eligible for self-service refunds.
- The sport or app should be downloaded and launched earlier than requesting a self-service refund.
- You could anticipate at the least 1 day after the sport or app’s launch earlier than requesting a self-service refund.
- Sure Home windows 10 apps is probably not eligible for self-service refunds.
- Microsoft reserves the fitting to dam entry for customers who abuse self-service refunds.