‘Project CARS’ is a simulation game developed by the British video game developer Slightly Mad Studios. The release date is scheduled to be released on 17 March 2015 in the US and 20 March 2015 in Europe. The game was canceled for release on the previous gen consoles namely the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 and will be hosting all platforms including Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The Wii U and Steam OS/Linux versions will also feature the game but their release has been delayed to later in 2015.
This racing game is nothing like you’ve played before, mainly due to the fact that this is a simulation then just a game and the game is shaping up to be one of the best releases in a long time. Earlier I read a comment to a tweet where a fan complained that so far, the next gen has been all about improved graphics, well here it is. The next gen is now bringing you something completely out-of-the-box. The game’s features include:
- FULL TEAM MANAGEMENT… Have a large number of friends? Create, manage, and compete together!
- Experience the excitement of PIT STOPS like you’ve never seen before!
- Revolutionary PIT-2-CAR RADIO gives you the strategic advantage
- DYNAMIC Time Of Day & Localized Weather make every race unique and challenging
- 10+ GAME MODES covering every form of Motorsport
- CLOUD-BASED SOCIAL NETWORK allows you to connect with friends, compare times & scores, compete and challenge each other, and share content
- USER-GENERATED CONTENT – Create your own liveries, decals, tuning setups, and even events! Then share them with the world – either for free, in-game credits or even real money!
- PUSHING TO THE LIMITS – Advanced physics, lighting, and AI.
The team also claims that as compared to ‘Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed’, In Project CARS “The physics, handling, force feedback, input lag, tire model, and all aspects of the handling model have been rewritten and improved, with a community of racing fans and race professionals supervising and testing them throughout. The overall result is something far more realistic and responsive.”
Project CARS will be featuring many different cars and there are also limited editions and modified bundles of cars available. The cars in the game will be non-upgrade-able however, the game’s tuning system is claimed to be one-of-a-kind which will grant you “full control over all aspects of the car’s performance.”
Funding for the game was raised by the community and the developers themselves through the company’s funding initiative, World of Mass Development. The one’s who took part in the funding were promised a share of the profits and the company finally stopped raising funds following the intervention of the UK’s financial services watchdog. Members gain special perks, depending on their purchased tool pack receiving a share of the profits and other perks according to the package they bought which can be viewed on the Project CARS website.
Finally we’ll complete this news post by sharing the game’s PC requirements which have been officially released as follows:
CPU – 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400, 3.0 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 940
GRAPHICS – nVidia GTX 260, ATI Radeon HD 5770
MEMORY – 4Gb RAM, 1Gb VRAM
CPU – 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 3700, 4.0 GHz AMD FX-8350
GRAPHICS – nVidia GT600 series, AMD Radeon HD7000 series
MEMORY – 8Gb RAM, 2Gb VRAM