Xbox One owners in the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain can now view free-to-air HD TV directly through their Xbox One. The tuner enables:
- TV Listings in OneGuide: Navigate TV listings using the controller or with Kinect voice* to quickly navigate directly to that channel’s listings. Listings are available in both full screen and mini guide. OneGuide also enables users to favorite channels for a more personalized viewing experience.
- TV Viewing in Snap Mode: Simultaneous TV and gaming in Snap mode. Receive game invitations and notifications while watching TV. Alternatively, watch TV on the side with the main screen for games or other applications – great for filling in time while waiting for a multiplayer match!
- Pause, rewind and fast-forward Live TV: Pause your favorite show while you get up to take a break.
- OneGuide on SmartGlass: SmartGlass can stream TV over your home network straight to your tablet or phone*, enabling you to instantly access OneGuide listings and tune channels on your TV. This is ideal for settling living room arguments with simultaneous options – gaming on the main screen and TV viewing on your SmartGlass device.
- TV On Demand: TV listings in OneGuide will indicate which shows are available on demand from video apps.
The Xbox One Digital TV Tuner is available for £24.99 or €29.99 only from the Microsoft store.
*Kinect required for Voice-enabled features
*Available on iOS and Windows devices; coming soon to Android.